Sunday 26 November 2023

25-26/11/23

My turn to cook again - after yesterday's fried pork chops and roast potatoes, I did a sort of pork chop stew with the white new potatoes and a plantain with cabbage on the side. A little strange but quite tasty.

Sleep once again was difficult to come by; partly due to the boat's rolling (the wind is almost directly behind us along with the main swell, but with another from further west) but also because my diurnal rhythm refuses to adjust to life at sea. I find myself cat napping all too easily when I'm standing my watch but earlier in the night,  I'm just not tired enough to sleep whilst being shaked, rattled and rolled!

The gas cylinder ran out just after cooking dinner which was I suppose, pretty good timing but it means no hot drink for me whilst on watch - we had better wait for daylight and hopefully calmer conditions before changing it. Hopefully we can get it re-filled in Mindelo! I've been struggling to remember when the other cylinder ran out (which I got re-filled in Gran Canaria) - it may have been Porto Santo.

Up at 0130 on 26/1 to relieve Mick who reported spectacular surfing down the waves earlier in the night but that things had calmed down a bit now. We are still moving along at 5-6 knots however. If we keep this up we may make Sal tomorrow evening. We've been tracking a bit too far to the south for the last 24 hours and so will probably have to gybe later today (26/11) or tomorrow to make Sal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment