Thursday 23 November 2023

Departure

post of our time in San Sebastian, only for the Keep on on my phone to go wonky and I have not yet been able to retrieve the text. Hopefully I will at some point.

Dawn was rather grey and the day has reamained rather overcast which is a bit of a shame because our batteries took something of a hammering overnight and could do with plenty of charging up. No Starlink, water heater, or water maker us today!

I came of watch at 0730 and tried once again to get some sleep but once again was only able to doze until 1100 when it was time to swap over with Mick once again. 

Once up, I took the opportunity to hang my wet bedding out to dry and tidied up the cabin which was a bit of a mess due to our rather rushed exit from the marina.

A rather annoying feature of the passage so far is the near constant VHF traffic. Lots of comms between the shore station on the island of El Hierro and various yachts and lots of inter-yacht traffic too. There have been a number of navigational warnings broadcast too, the details of which I have not been able to make out, but perhaps that is one reason for the frequent shore-station to yacht traffic. In addition over night there seemed to be quite a few drunken fishermen on the airways with all sorts of strange noises and music coming over the radio. This was something Tony and I experienced in April 2015 when crossing Biscay.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment