Friday 4 June 2021

Countdown - 5 days to lift off

 On Wednesday 2/6/21 I started writing this post with the words...

"As each day ticks off I'm getting more confident that we will be able to fly out to Faro next Tuesday. The prospect of having to stump up for marina fees for the coming year is not a comfortable one! So far I've not heard back from the marina regarding the repairs they promised to make - I hope they do get them done by the time we get out there. The immediate challenge..."

Then I got interrupted and didn't finish it.

Then on Thursday 3/6/21, the UK Government announced that Portugal was being taken off the Green list!

Whilst that's an absolute pain for many people it doesn't prevent us from flying out on Tuesday.

However, this morning my daughter announced she's lost her sense of taste! We've seen a lot of her over the last few days and she was around on Wednesday. She has a cold and we're all hoping it's just that. However she'll get tested this evening just in case. I've had both jabs but that doesn't mean I can't get the wretched thing. I get my PCR/Fit to fly test on Sunday and will just have to wait until then to be certain.

Apart from that my immediate challenge is packing. Quite apart from the usual holiday packing I've got to work out how much boaty stuff I can also fit it to my two hold bags. The problem with taking over a 'new' boat in a foriegn port is that the previous owner has quite understandably taken all his tools and related gear with him. I’ve therefore got to anticipate what I’m most likely to need and cram that into my bags. Of course I can buy stuff out there but money is getting tight and so I want to keep expenditure to a minimum!

This is what I’m faced with at the time of writing…







Oh and since starting this post I have heard from one of my pals in Albufeira that the Marina staff have completed the repairs and all looks OK. That at least is good news. Strangely enough, however, I have not heard from the Marina directly.

The countdown continues!

No comments:

Post a Comment